About the Friends of Birch State Park
We are a 501(c)(3) Non-Profit Organization formed to help preserve, conserve, enhance, and promote Hugh Taylor Birch State Park through community support.
About The Friends
Founded in 1999, the “Friends”, a Citizens Support Organization (CSO), is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization whose function is to generate and employ additional resources to support Hugh Taylor Birch State Park. This is done through special work projects, events and programs, community outreach, educational activities, guided tours and communications, interpretive programs, fundraising activities, the purchase of new equipment and supplies, and by providing assistance to the park staff as needed.
- Engaged Board of Directors
- Created Community awareness and support (ongoing)
- Launched the Terramar Society
- Launched a Water Taxi Stop in the park
- Purchased golf carts for the free volunteer-run tram service inside the park
- Provided equipment and materials used by volunteers (ongoing)
- Secured support from F.I.N.D. (Florida Inland Navigation District) and Broward County for a 230-foot public floating boat dock
- Implemented middle school environmental program (L.I.F.E.)
- Established Wellness Program at the park